Research Coordinator: Health Equity and Anti-Racism
McMaster University School of Social Work/Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion
Working under the supervision of Dr. Ameil J. Joseph, (Associate Professor in the School of Social Work at McMaster University, Holder: Faculty of Social Sciences Professorship in Equity, Identity, and Transformation, Academic Director, Community Engaged Research and Relationships, Office of Community Engagement), in partnership with Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion, the Research Coordinator: Health Equity and Anti-Racism will coordinate research activities for two, concurrent projects:
1) Hamilton Community-Based Online Hate Reporting Platform
– Develop a work plan and timeline for the Hamilton Community-Based Online Hate Reporting Platform project
– Assist in the development of resources and content for the Platform with respect to anonymity, confidentiality, privacy, connected with local resources etc.
– Work collaboratively with web developer and project team to communicate progress
2) COVID-19 Health Equity and Anti-Racism
– Assist with literature review and data collection with respect to the local work to advocate for, establish, and run the Community-Based, COVID-19 vaccination clinic, prioritizing Black, and other racialized people, and others experiencing barriers to access in Hamilton.
– Help prepare manuscript for publication, community report, and presentation of findings
Education, Skills, Experience Required:
– Experience with Community-Based research, online reporting, data collection, research ethics, conducting literature reviews, manuscript preparation, conference presentations, community reporting.
- Knowledge of issues, histories, contexts of hate, hate reporting, and experiences of hate for Black, Indigenous, other racialized groups, 2SLGBTQIA populations, people with disabilities/disabled persons, as well as faith/religious-based hate.
– Experience working in the community with multiple stakeholders
All cover letters and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm on October 12th, 2021.