The Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion (HCCI) is collaborating with The Regional Diversity Roundtable (RDR) to implement a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training program for leaders in the non-profit sector. The program will equip leaders in non-profit organizations with skills and tools:
– To examine the state of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in thier organizations
– Identify gaps in thier polices, programs and practices and develop mechanism
– Address identified problem areas while also strengthening any already existing organizational structures that help advance DEI.
The program will also build a community of inclusive leaders from the five-regions that the program will be implemented in (Peel, Halton, Hamilton/Wentworth and Durham).
The curriculum will consist of four training modules that engage leaders over a 1.5 year period:
- Creating a DEI Baseline
- Developing a DEI Action Plan
- Assessing and reflecting on your DEI journey 4. Sustaining the DEI momentum and evaluating impact and trends
The first training is expected to be held in May 2017. The subsequent three trainings will be held in June/July 2017, November 2017 and January/February 2018. A final one day symposium will be held at the end of March 2018.
The program will be offered free of charge to all participating organizations. As we have limited spots, for Hamilton, we are providing DiverseCity onBoard subscribed organizations a priority to take advantage of these great opportunity.
This is a 15 month Partnership Grant under the Building Inclusive Leaders stream funded by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI).
To indicate your interest in participating in this program, please contact the RDR Program Manager Reem Attieh at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Project lead Ghada Khoraych at email@example.com or by phone- 905-232-7371.