We are hiring: Outreach Coordinator
We are hiring for an Outreach Coordinator whose main role will be to conduct community outreach activities to promote DiverseCity onBoard and other related programs at HCCI.
The Hamilton Centre for Civic Inclusion (HCCI) is a community-based organization with a mission to create effective and sustainable ways of ensuring that all Hamiltonians can fully participate in the civic life of the community, using their contributions to create a strong and vibrant city.
DiverseCity onBoard connects qualified, pre-screened candidates from under-represented communities (women, visible minorities, immigrants, Aboriginal people, LGBTQ+ and Persons with disabilities) with volunteer board opportunities in non-profit and public agency boards. The program also provides board governance training through online learning supplemented by in-person discussions and events.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
- Identify potential partners to facilitate recruitment of candidates
- Research and recruit candidates based on program criteria
- Run targeted LinkedIn and other digital recruitment campaigns
- Update candidate profiles on the website and follow up with candidates as required
- Distribute program information by using social media, traditional media and communication tools to promote the program
- Develop contact database and contact information
- Assist in coordination of events and other campaign strategies
- Assist in distributing HCCI regular and electronic mail and other materials, and co-ordinate the flow of information within the organization
- Accept other duties as assigned by the Program Manager consistent with the service goals of HCCI
- Post-secondary education or equivalent, preferably in marketing, community engagement, HR, volunteer management and/or related fields.
- Experience in the area of outreach, event coordination, volunteer recruitment and social or human services.
- Good understanding and/or experience with community-based initiatives
- Excellent presentation, marketing and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, database management) and social media (especially LinkedIn)
- Punctual, flexible and reliable
- Recruitment and interviewing skills
- Proven ability to “sell” a program
- Good understanding of social enterprise
- Good understanding of non-profit boards
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector an asset
- Knowledge of the Hamilton region and demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds (including new Canadians, visible minorities, women, LGBTQ, Aboriginals, and persons with disabilities)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a part-time, 24 hrs/week, and contract position for 8 months.
- There is some evening and weekend work required on a few occasions
- This position is available immediately
- Salary- $18/hr
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to Yohana Otite at email@example.com. The deadline for application is March 17, 2017
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PHONE INQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
HCCI is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups including: immigrants, refugees, women, members of racialized and Indigenous communities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans-identified persons, and persons with disabilities, among others.